August 15, 2011

Review: Surviving Linguistics, Second Edition

The new edition of Monica Macaulay's popular Surviving Linguistics: A Guide for Graduate Students debuted this year. In a recent Linguist List review, Benjamin Schmeiser writes,

Changes in the current edition include updates and new information that improve an already exceptional and highly practical text.... When I teach with this text, I find the almost uncontainable urge to remind students how lucky they are to have it and to tell them that I did not have this text 'when I was a graduate student'. I do resist, though, but I will say now that graduate students will immensely benefit from this text, and yes, I do so dearly wish I had this text 'when I was a graduate student'.
Go to the Cascadilla Press web site to buy your own copy of the new edition of Surviving Linguistics or to order 10-packs for your department.

No comments: